The world may peg cats as ferocious little creatures who don’t require much attention but us cat owners see them very differently. While they’re more independent than the average house pet, cats do require lots of love and attention. They especially need extra care when it comes to their nutritional health.
Cats love treats as much as the next person, but did you know that some cat treats can actually improve their health while catering to their palates? We compiled a list of some of the best cat treats of the year — each designed to have our lovable furballs licking their chops!
- Picking the Best Cat Treats for Your Kitty
- Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Cat Treats
- Top 10 Best Cat Treats 2021
- 1. Best Overall Cat Treats: Greenies Dental Care Cat Treats
- 2. Best Budget Cat Treats: Temptations Classic Cat Treats
- 3. Best Premium Cat Treats: INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats
- 4. Best Crunchy Cat Treat: Purina’s Friskies Party Mix
- 5. Best Meaty Cat Treats: Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks
- 6. Best Cat Treat for Seniors: Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats
- 7. Best Grain-Free Cat Treat: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats
- 8. Best Raw Cat Treat: Instinct Raw Boost Mixers
- 9. Best Cat Treats for Kittens: Get Naked Kitten Health Treats
- 10. Best Treats for Masking Medications: Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats
- A Guide to Buying the Best Cat Treats
- Let Your Feline Enjoy the Best Cat Treats
Picking the Best Cat Treats for Your Kitty
There’s nothing more important than the health of our furry pals and since they can’t verbally speak to us, we have to be extra observant of their physical behaviors. Anything from excessive hairballs to refusing to eat dry food can be a sign that your kitty needs some extra care — and beneficial cat treats are a great place to start! Before revealing our top picks, let’s find out a little bit more about the different kinds of cat treats and what they entail.
What Are the Components of an Excellent Cat Treat?
Unlike dogs, who will just about eat anything, cats have refined palates and tend to be strict carnivores. Due to their low amount of taste buds, cats are typically attracted to fragrant food seeing as their heightened sense of smell makes up for their lack of taste. So, the smell of a cat treat plays a big role in whether or not your cat wants to eat it.
When it comes to creating nutritious cat treats there is one superior ingredient: meat. But when it comes to creating tasty cat treats, tons of different ingredients qualify. Depending on the type of cat treat you’re looking for, different diet restrictions may apply but for the most part, excellent cat treats are composed of the following:
- High protein content
- Low sodium content
- High-quality ingredients
- Grain-free content
- Real meat as the first ingredient
If your cat requires a special diet or has any health complications, be sure to consult your veterinarian before making your final pick. To find out which ingredients to avoid when shopping around for cat treats, check out our full guide.
What Can Cat Treats Be Used For?
- As a Reward: When your cat does something good — like finally using its litter box or hunting down a pesky fly — giving them a treat can solidify their good deed.
- For Training Purposes: If you’re training your cat to do some cool tricks, giving them a treat or two can be a huge motivator.
- To Improve Their Health: No two cat treats are created equal. Some were designed to improve a cat’s overall health, while others were created to improve their dentition, coat, cognitive responses and more.
- To Disguise the Taste of Medication: Sometimes, getting your cat to take its medication can be comparable to wrestling a small tiger. Luckily, some medications can be inserted into cat treats, helping to mask the taste.
- To Help With Nerves: During a new or stressful situation, giving your cat a treat can help calm them down.
- As an Instant GPS: If your cat won’t come out of its hiding spot or refuses to come inside after a day in the sun, shaking a pack of cat treats can get them by your side in no time.
- As an Apology: Whether you stepped on your cat’s tail by accident or gave them too much lip for waking you up at night, giving your cat a treat can be a great way to apologize.
There are so many benefits to giving your cat treats but it’s important to know that moderation is key — feline obesity is no joke, after all. For more information on how to keep your cat at a healthy weight, check out our full guide.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Cat Treats
While some cat treats are one-cat-fits-all, others may be targeted to a specific type of cat. As we reveal our favorite cat treats and explain why they’ve made our list, we’ll dive into the following factors to help you wean out the treats you need versus the ones you don’t.
We’ll let you know which type of cat treat we’re dealing with: Crunchy, soft, lickable, meaty cat sticks or food toppers.
Some cat treats were designed for kittens and some were designed for seniors. Who knew that there were cat treats for every phase of a cat’s life? We’ll fill you in on which cat treats cater to which age groups — or if they can be enjoyed by all cats alike!
If you plan on giving your cat daily treats, you might want to adjust the size of their meals to compensate for the extra calories. Portion control is an important factor to consider as too many treats can lead to weight gain. We’ll explain what the maximum daily intake of treats is for every entry.
We’ll also fill you in on the key features of each cat treat, explaining what makes them stand out from all the rest.
There’s a treat out there for every kitty cat — no matter their medical history. Whether you’re searching for something that can benefit their health or simply act as a tasty reward, there are plenty of amazing cat treats you can choose from. Now, let’s take a look at our top picks.
Top 10 Best Cat Treats 2021
1. Best Overall Cat Treats: Greenies Dental Care Cat Treats
Why we like it: Cats love the taste of Greenies but little do they know, these treats also fight tartar buildup while freshening up stinky kitty breath. No wonder they’re the #1 vet-recommended feline dental treat!
- Type: Crunchy cat treats that clean teeth and promote fresh breath.
- Age: For adult cats.
- Daily Serving: 8 treats per 10 pounds of body weight, twice a day.
Greenies Dental Care Cat Treats come in plenty of cat-approved flavors, like catnip, chicken, salmon and tuna. They’re our number one pick because not only are they tasty — they’re healthy as well. Greenies Dental Treats are made with natural flavors, vitamins and minerals. Better yet, they aren’t infused with artificial flavors or preservatives. Their crunchy shell removes stubborn tartar, freshening up the breath in the process. These vet-approved treats are slightly more expensive than the average cat treat, but their added health benefits make spending a few extra dollars worth it.
With so many benefits, giving Greenies Dental Treats a rating of 5 stars was a no-brainer. However, there are some things you should know. First of all, the recommended daily portion should be taken with a grain of salt, seeing as that many treats can spoil a cat’s supper. Also, if your cat’s breath is borderline foul, dental cat treats may not work on them. Very bad breath can signal an underlying issue, so speak to your veterinarian if the smell doesn’t fade away after a few weeks of using Greenies Dental Treats.
- Promotes healthy teeth and fresh breath
- Vet-recommended feline dental treat
- Made with vitamins and minerals
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- A little more expensive than the typical cat treat
2. Best Budget Cat Treats: Temptations Classic Cat Treats
Why we like it: Temptations have become America’s #1 cat treat, and for good reason, too. Not only are they expensive, but cats can’t get enough of them - they will literally come running the second you shake the stale-proof bag.
- Type: Crunchy cat treats with a soft center.
- Age: For adult cats.
- Daily Serving: 10-12 treats per 10 pounds of body weight.
Whether you’re treating your cat to a job well done or training them to sit and roll over, Temptations will encourage them to go the extra mile. Cats adore these treats because they’re crunchy on the outside and soft and creamy on the inside. Temptations Classic Cat Treats come in loads of different flavors. They’re super affordable and if your cat enjoys them, you can order a super value size for instant savings.
Although Temptations are 100% nutritionally complete and balanced, they aren’t the healthiest cat treat on the market. So, if your cat is overweight or suffers from diabetes, we suggest that you check out Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats instead.
Although the recommended portion states that a cat can have 10-12 treats per 10 pounds of body weight, feeding them too many of these treats can lead to addiction. Consider Temptations the McDonalds of the cat world.
- Crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside
- Cats adore the taste
- 100% nutritionally complete and balanced
- Not the healthiest option
- Can be addictive
- Type: Lickable cat treats, served in individual tubes.
- Age: Suitable for all age groups, but may up a senior cat’s stomach.
- Daily Serving: Each tube of INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats has a total of 6 calories. The recommended daily serving is not stated on the package, so it’s best to follow the 10% rule, as recommended by WebMD.
INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats are as healthy as they are fun to serve. Your cat will go gaga for a tube of this purée, making adorable sounds that’ll surely get a chuckle out of you. Churu Lickables are made with real ingredients like deep-sea tuna and farm-raised chicken. Plus, they do not contain any grains, preservatives or artificial flavors and colors. On top of that, they’re packed with moisture, and since the average cat often doesn’t get enough water, this is highly welcomed. These tasty treats are also very efficient when it comes to masking the taste of medication.
This cat treat might be pricey, but it’s worth the bonding time it creates — unless your cat would rather eat it from a plate, of course! We chose to give INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats a rating of 5 stars because it’s a win-win all around. But, it’s important to note that since this treat is high in moisture, it can upset a sensitive cat’s digestive system. To be cautious, work your way up to giving your kitty a full tube.
If you have a senior cat who is prone to digestive issues, we recommend checking out Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats instead. These lickable cat treats were specially designed for senior cats!
- Made with real deep-sea tuna and farm-raised chicken
- Fun to serve
- High moisture content
- Good for masking medications
- No grains, preservatives, artificial flavors or colors
- May upset a sensitive cat’s digestive system
4. Best Crunchy Cat Treat: Purina’s Friskies Party Mix
Why we like it: Friskies Party Mix by Purina is the whole shebang. These treats will have your cat doing backflips for more — that’s just how good they are! These treats are so crunchy they’ll even clean your kitty’s teeth in the process.
- Type: Crunchy cat treats.
- Age: For adult cats.
- Daily Serving: 2 treats for every pound of body weight. However, do not exceed 10 treats a day.
Like most cat treats, Friskies Party Mix doesn’t have the best nutritional value. However, that’s what you’d expect from a treat. Even then, it’s nice to know that the first ingredient on the label is real chicken.
These cat treats are so crunchy and delicious, you can use them to train your cat. Or, if you have a very stubborn cat who refuses to come inside after a day out on the town, you can also use these treats to bring them indoors. After eating a few of these treats, your kitty will come running as soon as you shake the bag.
The amount of crunch that these cat treats offer helps to reduce tartar buildup, improving your cat’s dental health in the process. However, these treats can be quite hard to chew, especially for older cats who have weak teeth, or younger cats who are still getting used to their chompers. If your cat has a hard time chewing tough food, we suggest looking into a softer treat like Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks.
- #1 ingredient is real chicken
- Promotes clean teeth
- Crunchy and tasty
- Not suitable for cats with weak or developing teeth
5. Best Meaty Cat Treats: Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks
Why we like it: For once, a cat treat that comes in the form of a meaty stick — much like something you would offer a dog! We love how Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks are as affordable as they are packed with protein. Why should dogs have all the fun?
- Type: Meaty cat treats in the form of a stick.
- Age: For all ages.
- Daily Serving: 1 stick per day.
Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks might look expensive but they’re actually super affordable. Like any good cat food or treat, the first ingredients listed are real meat, which is something we love to see. Better yet, Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks do not contain any corn, wheat, soy or artificial flavors, making them the perfect treats for cats that are allergic to these ingredients.
While these treats are referred to as sticks, they are very chewy so cats with sensitive teeth shouldn’t have an issue with them — especially if you cut them up into little pieces. If your cat does have issues chewing meaty treats, however, we suggest checking out a lickable cat treat like INABA Churu Lickable Purée.
You can give your kitty one Sheba stick a day but when introducing this treat to them, be sure to give them plenty of fresh water. Despite being made with real ingredients, Sheba Sticks do contain salt and sugar so your cat might get thirsty. We’d also like to point out that each Sheba Stick is individually packaged for maximum freshness. So, they aren’t exactly environmentally friendly. All things aside, we think that Sheba Meaty Tender Sticks are one of the best cat treats on the market.
- Made with real meat
- Contains no corn, wheat, soy or artificial flavors
- Not difficult to chew
- Each stick is individually packaged
- Contains salt and sugar
6. Best Cat Treat for Seniors: Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats
Why we like it: Finally, a cat treat specifically designed to help our senior cats put on some weight without having to force-feed them. Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats will have your senior cat feeling like a kitten again!
- Type: Lickable cat treats that come in a pouch.
- Age: Made for senior cats.
- Daily Serving: Up to two pouches a day for a healthy adult cat.
Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats come in all sorts of flavors, some specifically designed for kittens and others created for senior cats. When selecting which option is best for you, be sure to consider the age groups, as some contain special ingredients.
Take the Hartz Senior 10yrs+ option, for example; this senior cat treat contains Vitamin E and B to support the overall health of senior cats, while also being enriched with potassium and prebiotics to support their kidney and digestive health. This makes all the difference for senior cats, especially those who have stopped eating. Hartz Lickable Treats are easy to lap up and can help cats put on weight without much of a fuss.
We love how Hartz Lickable Wet Cat Treats can improve an older cat’s digestive health while posing as a tasty treat. Still, due to the packaging and the smell of the product, we simply couldn’t give these cat treats a perfect score. Opening these pouches can be troublesome and might lead to spills. If this does happen, you’ll probably notice that they have a strong smell to them, too. Luckily, kitties enjoy the smell and taste of this lickable treat. Still, we sort of wish these treats came in a can and not a pouch!
- Contains Vitamins E and B
- Contains potassium and prebiotics
- Great for gaining weight
- Packaging isn’t practical
- Strong smell
7. Best Grain-Free Cat Treat: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats
Why we like it: Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats hit a cat’s taste buds in all the right places. They’re grain-free, soft and chewy — making it easy for cats of all ages to enjoy them. Made with real chicken and salmon, what more could a cat want?
- Type: Soft and chewy cat treats.
- Age: For all ages.
- Daily Serving: No daily serving amount specified, follow the 10% rule.
You would think that a healthy cat treat like Blue Buffalo Wilderness would be super expensive, seeing as they’re high up on the protein index and grain-free, but that’s just not the case. Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats are affordable. So, you don’t have to stretch your wallet to give your kitty the best of the best.
These treats do not contain any corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives, and they have a nice smell that cats enjoy. Although these treats might look hard and crunchy, they’re actually quite soft and chewy so they’re easy on the teeth.
Knowing all this, you would think that Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats would receive a perfect score, but we do have a few complaints to make. First of all, these cat treats come in very large and oddly-shaped pieces. So, it’s important to break them into smaller pieces to prevent your cat from swallowing them whole. Secondly, these treats don’t stay fresh for very long, despite their stale-proof bag. As these treats lose their freshness, your cat could start to lose interest in them. If you’re looking for a tasty treat that never gets old, check out Temptations Classic Cat Treats.
- High in protein content
- Gluten and grain-free
- No corn, wheat, soy, artificial flavors or preservatives
- Large and oddly-shaped treats
- Treats don’t stay fresh for very long
8. Best Raw Cat Treat: Instinct Raw Boost Mixers
- Type: Freeze-dried cat food topper or treat.
- Age: For all ages.
- Daily Serving: 1 tablespoon per every 5 pounds of body weight.
Instinct Raw Boost Mixers stand out for more reasons than one. They’re freeze-dried while raw, making these treats and toppers nutritious, fresh and tasty. You can add a scoop on top of your cat’s usual meal, or give them a scoop as a treat. Whichever way you choose, know that your cat will reap the benefits of raw and all-natural ingredients.
Instinct Raw Boost Mixers are made with real food, which is why they can be quite pricey. However, their benefits are well worth biting the bullet for. Still, since they are freeze-dried, it’s very easy for them to crumble, which can lead to a portion of the bag turning into powder. This powder can still be used as a topper, but it’ll come off as a cat-friendly parmesan more than anything. We gave Instinct Raw Boost Mixers a rating of 4 stars because this is a pretty big issue for such a high-end product.
If your cat is an ultra-picky eater, he may not enjoy the taste of these freeze-dried treats. Should this be the case, we recommend looking into Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats instead. They’re healthy and grain-free, however, they aren’t freeze-dried – but they are more affordable.
- Freeze-dried raw cat treats for ultimate freshness
- Made with natural ingredients
- Can be used as a treat or a food topper
- Great for cats with IBS
- Slightly pricey
- Freeze-dried treats crumble easily in the package
- Not suitable for picky eaters
9. Best Cat Treats for Kittens: Get Naked Kitten Health Treats
- Type: Soft cat treats.
- Age: For kittens.
- Daily Serving: 2 treats per 5 pounds of body weight.
Get Naked Kitten Health Treats are made with taurine, an organic compound that helps promote healthy cognitive development. These heart-shaped treats are also made with Omega-3 fatty acids, which do wonders for a healthy coat.
Since kittens need a lot of protein to grow up big and strong, we’re happy to say that Get Naked Kitten Health Treats are made with real chicken and do not contain ingredients like corn, wheat or soy. Your kittens will crawl up your leg as soon as you shake a pack of these treats! And, if you plan on teaching them some cool tricks, these tasty treats can help you get an early start.
So why did Get Naked Kitten Health Treats not receive a perfect rating? Well, first of all, they’re a bit more expensive than the average cat treat, and since they come in a small package, this can be a problem. Additionally, kittens have a very small mouth and these treats are a little too big for them to chew but you can easily snap them in half. Lastly, since these treats are very healthy, they may cause your little kitten to flatulate more than usual. So, if you have a sensitive nose, you might want to try another kitten-approved treat like Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats.
- Contains taurine and Omega-3
- No corn, wheat or soy
- Made with real chicken
- A little pricey
- Treats are quite big for kittens
- May cause gas
10. Best Treats for Masking Medications: Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats
- Type: Soft cat treats, designed to hide and mask the taste of medicine.
- Age: For adult and senior cats.
- Daily Serving: The daily serving goes hand in hand with the medication regimen prescribed by your veterinarian.
Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats are easy to use but there are a few tricks you need to master to fool your cat. First of all, don’t pinch the top of the treat with the same hand you used to insert the medication with, or your cat could pick up the pill’s scent and refuse to eat it.
It’s also important to let the treat set for a few minutes before trying to feed it to your feline friend. This way, the treat’s oils will have time to work their magic and properly coat the pill. Greenies Pill Pockets are made with natural ingredients that your cat will love!
While this treat is a great concept, Greenies Pill Pockets can be too large for cats to consume. Depending on the size of your cat’s medication tablets, you might need to cut them in half, giving your cat two treats instead of one. Also, these treats can be quite odorless, preventing cats from wanting to gobble them up.
Should your cat be extra picky and refuse to take its medicine via Greenies Pill Pockets, you can always check out INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats instead. These lickable treats are also terrific at masking medications.
- A clever way to mask medications
- Made with natural ingredients
- Can be a little big for some cats
A Guide to Buying the Best Cat Treats
Our fluffy friends might be very different from us but we do have some things in common — like enjoying tasty treats. Finding the best cat treats for your pet can be a challenge when there are so many options to sift through. This guide will help you determine what you’re looking for in a cat treat. Let’s kick things off with some good old fashioned pros and cons.
Cat Treats: The Pros
Just like humans, cats like to feel like they’re appreciated and cared for and treats are a constant reminder of just that. Giving your kitty treats can help them recognize just how much you care, therefore helping you and your pet build a stronger foundation. Cat treats can also be used to win over a rescue cat or help appease a cat’s nervous system. They can also help to potty train a new cat or kitten, as giving them a treat after they use their litter box can be seen as positive reinforcement.
Aside from this, cat treats can also be used to improve the overall health of your cat — hard to believe, right? Yes, cat treats can actually be healthy, helping to improve cognitive development in young kittens, or digestive issues in senior cats. There is a treat to help combat anything from dental disease to excessive hairballs and beyond!
Cat Treats: The Cons
There is a flip side to giving your cat daily treats, but there doesn’t have to be! If done right, you and your cat can have a positive experience when it comes to cat treats. One of the biggest cons surrounding this topic is how quickly a cat can become dependent on treats. Another major con is that excessive treats can cause your kitty to gain weight. However, this doesn’t have to be the case and we’re here to make sure that you have all the tools you need to keep your cat at a healthy weight.
How to Prevent Your Cat From Gaining “Cat Treat” Weight
When it comes to overweight animals, house cats take the cake — they aren’t all that active, after all. It’s easy for them to gain weight and this is especially true if cat treats are introduced into their diets without proper structure. Here are three tricks you can use to maintain your cat’s ideal weight while also giving them plenty of tasty cat treats!
- Limit the amount of daily cat treats your kitty receives, even if it goes against the recommended daily portion. However, if you’re using cat treats for the sole purpose of improving your cat’s health, follow the recommended servings.
- The more treats you give your cat, the smaller their meals should be. A good rule of thumb is to ensure that 90% of your cat’s diet derives from nutritional cat food while the other 10% comes from cat treats. In other words, a maximum of 10% of your cat’s daily calorie intake can be set aside for treats, while the rest of their calories should stem from actual meals. This will ensure that their meal-to-treat ratio is well-balanced, therefore helping them maintain a healthy weight.
- Lastly, it’s important that you try and amp up your cat’s cardio before giving them treats. This way, they get a bit of exercise in before chowing down. You can do this by either playing with your cat before giving them some treats or throwing cat treats like you would a ball — causing your kitty to chase them down the hall. If you do not have the time to play with your cat but still wish to give them treats, you can purchase an interactive cat toy that dispenses cat treats, all the while keeping your kitty as active as can be.
How to Prevent Your Cat From Becoming Addicted to Cat Treats
It isn’t uncommon for cats to become dependent on treats. Still, the last thing anyone wants is for their cat to begin meowing or pawing at them for treats every two minutes or so. Just like human treats, cat treats can become addictive but there are tons of ways you can prevent this from happening.
- Refrain from using cat treats as affection. If you do not have time to play with your cat, don’t give them cat treats as compensation. Doing so will inherently tell them that they deserve a treat whenever they are bored.
- Start your cat off with one or two cat treats a day, at designated times. Doing this will show them that cat treats don’t grow on trees and that there is a time and place for receiving them.
- Although cats can’t outright ask you for a treat, they can get their point across. Whenever your cat asks you for a treat, refrain from giving them one and wait until they have had time to relax. Rewarding them for their addictive behavior will only make them more dependent.
- If all else fails, treat your cat like you would a child and don’t let them have treats before their main meals. Instead, serve them treats as if they were a dessert. This can prevent them from thinking that treats can be received before their designated mealtime.
The more you give your cat tasty treats, the more they will begin to expect them. So, be sure that you are giving them treats to reward good behavior and don’t make receiving treats too common of an ordeal.
The Ingredients You Want
When it comes to cat treats, you want the ingredient list to be as basic as possible. An easy way to spot a healthy cat treat is to look at the first ingredients listed; if real meat is amongst the first ingredients, chances are you’re dealing with a good product.
Cats benefit from a high-protein diet, one that consists of fatty acids and real ingredients. If you’re looking for a super healthy cat treat that your kitty will go bonkers for, we suggest looking into Instinct Raw Boost Mixers — these cat treats are as nutritious as they are delicious!
The Ingredients You Don’t Want
The feline diet isn’t as accepting as the canine diet, which is why we need to pay extra attention to the ingredient list when selecting the best cat treats. When making your pick, you want to stay away from grains, artificial food dyes, wheat, gluten, excessive sodium, sugar and preservatives.
Unfortunately, it can be quite a challenge to find cat treats that do not include at least one of these ingredients. However, it’s important to note that most healthy adult cats can properly digest these ingredients, which is why Temptations Classic Cat Treats are so popular today, despite containing many of these ingredients.
All in all, as long as your cat’s diet consists of healthy well-balanced food 90% of the time, giving them what is considered cat-junk-food the other 10% of the time isn’t all that bad. However, if your cat requires a special diet or has health complications, it’s always best to talk to your veterinarian beforehand, should you have any concerns.
What to Consider When Choosing a Cat Treat
There are so many things to consider when buying cat treats but once everything is out in the open, you’ll know exactly what you’re looking for. We put together some important factors to consider to help you make the best decision for your lovable pet.
- Ingredients: As previously mentioned, ingredients play a huge role in the overall healthiness of a cat treat. Before making your pick, ask yourself if you’re buying cat treats to boost your cat’s health or if you’re strictly looking for tasty treats and nothing more. If you’re strictly looking for a fun treat to reward your cat with, Temptations Classic Cat Treats could be everything you need and more. These treats are inexpensive and cats simply can’t get enough of them.
- Age: The average cat treat can be enjoyed by cats of all ages. However, some are specifically made for kittens, adults or seniors. When selecting a cat treat, take your kitty’s age into account to ensure that their treats are as well-balanced and nutritious as possible. If you’re the owner of multiple cats of various ages, we recommend checking out Blue Buffalo Wilderness Cat Treats. Not only are these treats grain-free and healthy, but they’re also suitable for all ages.
- Where It’s Made: When selecting any pet treat, it’s crucial that you choose one that isn’t made in China. Pets have gotten sick off Chinese products before, which is why double-checking every label is key. Although many cat treats are made in other countries, it’s important to check the country of origin. If you’re searching for kitten treats that are made in the USA, take a look at Get Naked Kitten Health. These treats are proudly labeled as an American product.
- Intentions: What are your intentions with your cat when it comes to their treat regimen? Are you simply looking to give them treats because they’re the coolest cat in town? Are you planning on teaching them tricks that will impress your friends and family? Or are you looking for a sneaky and tasty way to improve your cat’s health without them knowing? No matter what your intentions are, Greenies Dental Care Cat Treats will check off every single one of these boxes all while improving your kitty’s dentition and freshening up their breath.
- Price: Lastly, take the price of each cat treat into account when making your pick. Some cat treats, like INABA Churu Lickable Purée Cat Treats are slightly more expensive than the average cat treat, which is why we choose to give them to our kitties on special occasions only. Then there are other treats, like Temptations, that are super affordable and can easily fit into almost anyone’s budget. Once you know how much you’re willing to spend on cat treats per month, you can start looking for the best cat treat in your price range.
What are raw cat treats?
We’re so used to feeding our kitty’s prepared cat food, we forget that they’re actually carnivores who enjoy eating raw food more than anything. Raw cat treats can improve your cat’s digestion, reducing the volume and smell of their stool. They also improve your cat’s dental health and energy levels while adding some shine to their coat. If you’re looking for a raw cat treat, check out Instinct Raw Boost Mixers — it’s the only raw cat treat on our list.
Why doesn’t my cat like his new treats?
Trying out a new cat treat is always a gamble, considering that cats can be picky eaters. If your cat refuses to eat its new treats, it may be because they don’t pass the smell test.
How do I get my cat to take its medication?
If your cat is stubborn and refuses to take its medication, there are plenty of nifty cat treats that can trick your kitty into unknowingly swallowing its medicine. Greenies Pill Pockets Cat Treats were designed with this incentive in mind.
Can I replace my cat’s food with treats?
If your cat refuses to eat his food after becoming obsessed with a certain treat, it’s important to note that you cannot substitute cat food with cat treats. This is due to cat treats lacking certain nutrients for a well-balanced diet. However, many cat treats, like INABA Churu Lickable Purée can be used as a topper to entice your cat into eating her meals.
Let Your Feline Enjoy the Best Cat Treats
Now that you know a little more about cat treats than you did before, you can confidently pick the best snack for your lovable furball. Whether you’re searching for a cat treat that will bring you closer to a stray, or a snack that will cure your kitty’s stinky breath, we’re certain that one of our top picks will stand out to you. We wish you and your kitty cat nothing but the best!