Whether you’re team snake or not, it’s undeniable that snakes are the ultimate goofballs—ahem, goofnoodles—of the reptile world; their food bulges, lil tongue bleps, and slithering all make for hilarious sights. If you’re a devout member of team snake, and you’ve recently proved your devotion by welcoming a goofnoodle into your home, you’ll be in need of a name for them. Preferably, one that captures their hilarious nature.
Fortunately, we’re here to help; we’ve gathered a collection of over 140 funny snake names. From hissterically punny names to chuckle-worthy ironic ones like “fluffy,” you’ll definitely find a name here that strikes your fancy. Giving your snake a goofy name is also a way to show haters that despite the bad rep they get, snakes are far from the evil monsters they’re made out to be. So sit back, unwind, and let’s get started!
Top Funny Snake Names
We’ll begin with some of our personal favorite funny snake names. These names struck a chord with us, and emerged as the top contenders of our brainstorming sesh. Most of these funny ideas draw on snake-related characters or your scaly companion’s unique qualities.
- Blep: After their adorable tongue bleps.
- Danger Noodle
- Dracula: A hilarious and apt name for a snake with glistening fangs!
- Ekans: After the purple snake Pokémon.
- Houdini: After the slippery escape artist.
- Indiana Jones: The fictional adventurer renowned for his fear of snakes.
- Mushu: After the sassy snake-like dragon from Disney’s
- Nessie: After the mythological creature, the Loch Ness Monster.
- Sir Hiss: Pompous snake character from Disney’s Robin Hood.
- Snek: After the iconic snake meme.
- Tetris: Snakes manage to get themselves into all sorts of tight spaces, so we’re pretty certain they’d be masters at Tetris.
- Zsa Zsa Gaboa: After the snake from Modern Family.
Punny Snake Names
Puns make the mundane exciting and are sure to make you, your guests, and family double over from laughter—or become a flurry of groans and moans. If you’re the former and appreciate the artistry behind a good pun, why not give your snake a punny name? Fortunately, you won’t have to spend the entire night attempting to come up with one. We’ve done the hard work for you. Check out our ideas below.
That said, if you’re in the “groans and moans” party, don’t click away just yet. We’ve got plenty more snake names (that aren’t puns) coming up that are bound to make you laugh.
- Abradacobra: Abracadabra.
- Adam Slitherstrong: Adam Armstrong.
- Benedict Cobrabatch: Benedict Cumberbatch.
- Bilbo Hissins: Bilbo Baggins, from The Hobbit.
- David Hisselhoff: David Hasselhoff.
- Edward No-Hands: Edward Scissorhands.
- Hisstopher Nolan: Christopher Nolan.
- Hogrid: Hagrid, apt for a hognose snake.
- Humphrey Boa-gart: Humphrey Bogart.
- Julius Squeezer: Julius Caesar.
- MilkShnake: Milkshake.
- Monty: After the movie, Monty Python—a fitting name for a python.
- Reese Slitherspoon: Reese Witherspoon.
- Ricki Snake: Ricki Lake.
- Rocky Bal-Boa: Rocky Balboa.
- Severus Snake: Severus Snape, from the Harry Potter
- Sir Hiss-A-lot: Sir Lancelot.
- Sir Pent: Serpent.
- Slim Snakey: Slim Shady.
- Snakey McSnakeface: Boaty McBoatface.
- The Slither Lord: The Sith Lord, from the Star Wars
- Viperactive: Hyperactive.
- Will Hiss: Will Smith.
- William Snakespeare: William Shakespeare.
Funny Snake Names Inspired by Food
Culinary-inspired names are adorably goofy. Whether you’re personally dedicated to the foodie life, or your snake simply loves food more than anything else, here are plenty of tasty names that will also complement your scaly companion’s quirky looks. Oh, and don’t forget to take your time and really dig your fangs into these names; savor every morsel.
- Cinnamon Roll
- Coconut: Great moniker for a brown and white-hued
- Donut: A donut is basically ouroboros in food form.
- Jelly: Name fitting for an extra-wriggly snake.
- Pesto: For a vibrant green snake.
- Soba: Soba is a thin, buckwheat noodle; a more creative name if noodle is too run-of-the-mill for your oh so sophisticated snake.
- Swiss Roll
Ironic Snake Names
Aaah, there’s nothing more hilarious than introducing your friends to your pet “fluffy,” who they’ve been desperate to meet—and assumed would be a hamster. Give your friends the biggest (and most hilarious) shock of their life by bestowing one of these ironic names on your scaly mate. An ironic snake name is also a fun way to pay homage to their genuine nature: docile and easygoing.
- Bambi: After the adorable baby deer.
- Bark: Definitely the sound a snake makes!
- Bigfoot: Name of the giant ape-like Yeti.
- Chewie: After the large, fluffy Wookiee in Star Wars.
- Cuddles: After all, snakes do love to constrict around you—ahem, cuddle you snugly.
- Gizmo: After the fluffy Mogwai protagonist in
- Legs: Snakes can slither pretty fast, but your scaly friend probably won’t be running a marathon any time soon.
- Muscles: Fitting and goofy name for a tough snake.
- Norbert: After the famous fluffy mixed-breed therapy dog who shot to fame online.
- Toothless: Name of the Night Fury in How to Train Your Dragon.
Aristocratic Snake Names
If your snake is a pampered reptile and accepts nothing less than the royal treatment, why not give them a noble-sounding name? Giving your scaly companion a regal name is a fun way to honor their pampered nature, and let’s be real: it’s downright hilarious—just imagine meeting a boa constrictor called “Henrietta!”
- Alfred: Meaning elf counsel.
- Angelica: Meaning angel.
- Augustus: Meaning majestic, exalted.
- Beatrice: Meaning blessed.
- Bertie: Meaning bright, raven.
- Caesar: After the renowned Roman general.
- Cleopatra: Famous ruler of ancient Egypt.
- Constantine: Meaning steadfast.
- Esmond: Meaning graceful protection.
- Eugenie: Meaning noble.
- Hector: Meaning holding fast.
- Henrietta: Meaning home ruler.
- Margaret: Meaning pearl.
- Napoleon: After the French military leader.
- Nefertiti: After the ancient Egyptian queen.
- Prince Charming: A royal name that also plays on snake charming.
- Simba: Noble lion from Disney’s The Lion King.
- Theodora: Meaning gift of god.
Funny Snake Names Based on Species
Here, you’ll find hilarious names inspired by the snake species most commonly kept as pets.
- Ball of Fire
- Ball Rolling
- Ball-Breaker: For a badass ball python.
- Bounce: Fitting for a highly energetic scaly pal.
- Hot Potato: After the kids’ game which entails tossing around a small object, usually a ball.
- Pythagoras: After the famous Greek philosopher.
- Captain Kernel
- Cornucopia: After the mythological horn of plenty.
- Kernel Sanders: Pun on Colonel Sanders.
- On the Cob: After corn on the cob.
- Bacon: A sizzling name for any hognose snake.
- Sir Oink
- Baratheon: After the king from Game of Thrones.
- Emperor Kuzco: After the goofy and egotistical emperor from The Emperor’s New Groove.
- King Slither: Who said slithering couldn’t be majestic?
- Blush: For a shy rosy boa.
- Lady Rouge
- Queen of Hearts: Who’s been painting my roses red? Off with their heads!
- Rose ‘de Wretch’: Pun on the rose cultivar Rosa ‘de Rescht.’
- Rosé: After rosé wine.
- Thorn in My Side: A funny, tongue-in-cheek name that relates well to “rosy boa”—your snake is anything but a thorn in your side, of course!
- Thorny: For a gorgeous snake with a feisty side.
Sssearching for Your Snake’s Name
Choosing a name for your scaly companion can be a challenge, but it’s vital not to give up and rush your choice—you don’t want to be stuck with a name you’ll regret, especially since most snakes live up to 20 years (some even longer!).
If you’re struggling to pick out a name, we recommend taking into consideration your scaly friend’s looks, age, personality, and actual species. For example, if you’re the lucky owner of a corn snake, the name “popcorn” fits extremely well.
For more entertaining suggestions, make sure to browse our cool snake names list. While not all of the names featured there are side-splittingly funny, there are a fair few playful ideas that will definitely make you chuckle.