Ferrets are curious little creatures with adorable bear-like faces. They have comical personalities and have a knack for getting into trouble, hence why many pet owners choose to give their ferrets funny and badass names.
If you’re thinking of getting a ferret, you may be searching for a funny ferret name that is worthy of a carpet shark. If that’s the case, check out our list of 145+ hilarious ferret names.
- Funny Names for Female Ferrets
- Funny Names for Male Ferrets
- Funny Ferret Names Inspired by Movies and TV Shows
- Hilariously Badass Names for Ferrets
- Punny Ferret Names
- Ironic Ferret Names
- Food-Related Names for Ferrets
- Cute and Funny Names for a Pair of Ferrets
- Most Popular Names for Ferrets
- Caring For a Ferret
Funny Names for Female Ferrets
Choosing the right name for your ferret can be a challenging thing to do, especially when you have yet to familiarize yourself with their personality. With this in mind, many ferret owners choose to get to know their ferret before giving them their forever names.
However, since most ferrets have curious and witty personalities, most of the names listed below will match them just fine.
Check out the list below if you’re on the prowl for hilarious names for female ferrets.
- Beady: A cute and feminine name that highlights a ferret’s beady little eyes.
- Bubbly: For bubbly and charismatic ferrets with bright personalities.
- Clumsy: An amusing name for a graceless little furball.
- Graceless: Ferrets aren’t the most elegant animals, but what they lack in tact they make up for in cuteness. You can call her Grace for short.
- Journey: Ferrets have trouble staying still. So why not give your little girl a name that highlights her love of traveling from one place to the next?
- Harlequin: You can call her Harley for short.
- Hoopla: Does your ferret get excited over random things? Well, then the name Hoopla may just encapsulate her personality.
- Itsy Bitsy: A great name for a tiny, little ferret.
- Lively: A cute name for a curious ferret who is full of life and wonder.
- Lunatic: You can call her Luna for short.
- Plushie: For ferrets who are so cute they appear fake.
- Quirky: A fun name for an eccentric pet.
- Trixie: An adorable and popular name for female ferrets who always have a trick up their sleeve.
- Twinkle: A great name for a female ferret who has a mischievous twinkle in her beady little eyes.
- Vixen: The perfect name for a temperamental ferret.
- Wiry: A cute name for a long, lean ferret with coarse hair.
- Yoga: A funny name for a female ferret who loves to stretch and strike a pose.
Funny Names for Male Ferrets
Just like female ferrets, male ferrets have bright and curious personalities. They love to cause mischief around the house, which is why it’s so important to ferret-proof your home. Male ferrets tend to be larger and slightly more energetic, too.
With this in mind, some “ferrents” choose to give their male ferrets names that highlight their size and boisterous attitudes.
Below, you’ll find some cute and funny names for male ferrets.
- Chase: Since you’ll be chasing him all over the place.
- Goof: A great name for your lovable goofball.
- Hotshot: For a confident ferret who knows how to get what he wants.
- Hobbit: A great name for a “Lord Of The Rings” fan. You can call him Hob for short, which is the actual term for a male ferret.
- Jester: Because he’s a professional joker.
- Jet: A great name for a black ferret who darts all over the place.
- Jumper: The perfect name for a daredevil ferret who jumps now and thinks later.
- Pioneer: You can call him Pio for short. A cute yet comical name for your first-ever ferret.
- Rush: A great name for a “Rush” fan.
- Scout: A funny name for an intelligent ferret who watches your every move and reports back to his other ferret friends.
- Spring: For ferrets who spring into action.
- Swift: For a cool, calm, and collected ferret.
- Tallboy: A funny name for beer-lovers.
- Turbo: A fitting name for a lightning-fast ferret.
- Zoom: For a ferret who often gets the zoomies.
Funny Ferret Names Inspired by Movies and TV Shows
It isn’t uncommon for pawrents to name their pets after some of the most iconic movie and TV show characters. If you’re thinking of using the big screen or the small screen as inspiration when naming your ferret, you’ll love the options below.
- Alfalfa: From “The Little Rascals.”
- Cyrano: The name of Carl Jenkins’ pet ferret in the movie “Starship Troopers.”
- Flash: From “The Flash.”
- Frodo: From “The Lord of the Rings.”
- Letty: From “Fast & Furious.”
- Clunk: From “Mad Max.”
- Nibbler: From “Futurama.”
- Remy: From “Ratatouille.”
- Robin: From “Robin Hood.”
- Rodolfo: The ferret from “Along Came Polly.”
- Rogue: From “X-Men.”
- Scorch: The name of Cruella de Vil’s pet ferret in the “101 Dalmatians” TV series.
- Shaggy: From “Scooby-Doo.”
- The Dude: From “The Big Lebowski.”
- Weasley: From “Harry Potter.”
Hilariously Badass Names for Ferrets
We compiled a list of hilariously villainous names to help you find the right one for your ferret. Why, you ask? Well, because there’s nothing funnier than a ferret with a badass name.
- Carpet Shark
Punny Ferret Names
Want to give your ferret a punny name that none of your friends or family members will ever forget? Well, then you may just find what you’ve been looking for below.
- Amy Ferret Fowler: After actor Amy Farrah Fowler.
- Ferret Bueller: From “Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.”
- Ferret-Wheel: Like a Ferris wheel.
- Neil Patrick Ferret: After actor Neil Patrick Harris.
- Tooth Ferret: After the Tooth Fairy.
- Will Ferret: After actor Will Ferrell.
Ironic Ferret Names
Your ferret may be a sweetie pie, but that’ll never stop them from getting into trouble. After all, ferrets have a reputation for being peace-disturbing escape artists.
Nevertheless, you may choose to give them an angelic name in hopes that it molds their personality. Or you may simply enjoy giving your ferret a name with an ironic twist to it.
It isn’t uncommon for pet owners to give their animals food-related names, and this is especially true for ferrets. We mean, common, a ferret named Noodles? How cute and funny is that?
- Slim Jim
Cute and Funny Names for a Pair of Ferrets
According to veterinarians, it’s best to adopt a minimum of two ferrets at once. This is because, if you adopt a single ferret, they may become depressed as they are highly social creatures.
With this in mind, we decided to compile a list of hilarious names for a pair of ferrets.
- Bacon and Eggs: One of the best breakfast duos.
- Bert and Ernie: Best buds from “Sesame Street.”
- Bonnie and Clyde: Two famous American bank robbers and criminals.
- Chandler and Joey: From “Friends.”
- Cheech and Chong: A timeless duo that never goes up in smoke.
- Fred and Barney: From “The Flintstones.”
- Gin and Tonic: A helluva drink.
- Han Solo and Chewie: Two main characters from “Star Wars.”
- Holmes and Watson: Two main characters from “Sherlock Holmes.”
- Key & Peele: A hilarious comedy act.
- Mario and Luigi: Notorious Nintendo characters. Great name for two male ferrets who are brothers.
- Mickey and Minnie: The most famous Disney cartoon couple.
- Pinky and The Brain: A conniving duo that just might escape and take over the world.
- Rick and Morty: This duo is always getting into trouble.
- R2-D2 and C-3PO: Robots from “Star Wars.”
- Salt and Pepper: Perfect names for a white and black ferret duo.
- Shrek and Donkey: This duo needs no introduction.
- Thunder and Lightning: A deadly and speedy duo.
- Tina and Amy: After the comedic duo Tina Fey and Amy Poehler.
- Yin and Yang: Two primal opposing yet complementary forces.
Most Popular Names for Ferrets
If funny ferret names aren’t your thing, you may be searching for a list of the most popular ferret names in the world. And if that’s the case, check out the names below.
Caring For a Ferret
Ferrets are highly intelligent animals who make for amazing companions, as they are sociable, energetic, and downright charismatic. Knowing this, many people choose to welcome ferrets into their homes.
However, it’s important to note that despite their small size, owning a ferret is a big responsibility as they require a lot of love and care. In fact, caring for a ferret can be just as challenging as caring for a dog or a cat. But thanks to our list, picking out a name can be simple — and almost as much fun as ferrets themselves.