130+ Star Wars Cat Names That Are out of This World
In a galaxy far, far away, a troubled cat owner was looking for the ultimate name. They searched far and wide, sought help from so-called expert name hunters, but they still couldn’t find the “one.” That is until they stumbled upon the fabled realm PetMag, where their destiny–and the perfect moniker–awaits…
You can’t go wrong with a cat name influenced by your passion, especially if that passion is Star Wars; phenomenal characters, unforgettable monsters, jawdropping planets – the Star Wars universe is brimming with out of this word inspiration.
Today, we’ve used the force to bring you the best Star Wars cat names out there. We’ve gathered monikers that’ll befit any feline, even those mischievous cats that have turned to the dark side. We’ve also thrown in some iconic, unforgettable quotes throughout this article to bring back all your nostalgia.
So, without further ado, let’s begin our journey at the start of it all: the Star Wars movie prequels.
- Star Wars Cat Names From the Prequels
- Star Wars Cat Names From the Original Trilogy
- Star Wars Cat Names From the Latest Movies
- Cat Names From Star Wars Spin-Off Movies and Series
- Star Wars Cat Names Based on Famous Battles
- Picking a Name for Your Jedi-(or Sith)-In-Training Feline
Star Wars Cat Names From the Prequels
The Star Wars prequels are made up of Episode 1: The Phantom Menace (1999), Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002), and Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005). They tell the story of Anakin Skywalker’s fall from a promising Jedi to Sith Lord Darth Vader.
- Anakin: Darth Vader’s name before he went to the dark side.
- Cato: After the planet Cato Neimoidia.
- Depa: Chalactan Jedi Master.
- Dooku: After Sith Lord Count Dooku.
- Droideka: Widely regarded as one of the most deadly droids.
- Jamillia: After minor character, Queen Jamillia.
- Jango: After Jango Fett, the bounty hunter – “I’m just a simple man trying to make my way in the universe.”
- Jar Jar: After Jar Jar Binks, the most “lovable” character in Star Wars. So, so Meesa think not.
- Kenobi: After Obi-Wan Kenobi, powerful Jedi that mentored Anakin and sacrificed his life to bring about Darth Vader’s end. A tragedy encompassed in his famous line: “You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you.”
- Mace: After Mace Windu, the purple lightsaber-wielding Jedi.
- Maul: After Sith Lord Darth Maul.
- Padmé: Anakin’s wife, mother of Luke and Leia, and the Queen of Naboo.
- Palpatine: After Emperor Palpatine, the greatest and most terrifying villain in the Star Wars
- Qui-Gon: After Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi’s mentor.
- Sebulba: After the iconic Podracer.
- Shmi: Anakin’s mother.
- Yoda: The exceptionally wise and skilled Jedi Master. “Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger; anger leads to hate; hate leads to suffering. I sense much fear in you.”
Star Wars Cat Names From the Original Trilogy
The Star Wars original trilogy is made up of Episode IV: A New Hope (1977), Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980), and Episode VI: Return of the Jedi (1983). The story revolves around Luke Skywalker’s journey to become a Jedi and the conflict between the Rebel Alliance and the Galactic Empire.
These iconic movies are not just considered some of the greatest in the history of film – they also brought the sci-fi genre into the mainstream.
- Ackbar: “It’s a trap!”
- Alderaan: Home of Princess Leia.
- AT-AT: After the combat walker.
- Bantha: Thick-furred horned creature.
- Bespin: After the gas giant planet.
- Biggs: After Biggs Darklighter, an Alliance pilot.
- Boba: After the bounty hunter Boba Fett.
- C-3PO: The hilarious overtalkative droid you can’t help but love.
- Chewie: After Chewbacca, Han Solo’s trusty (and fluffy) sidekick.
- Dagobah: Swamp planet.
- Eisley: After the tavern, Mos Eisley cantina.
- Ewok: After the bear-like creatures.
- Falcon: After the Millennium Falcon.
- Greedo: A bounty hunter.
- Han Solo: Millennium Falcon’s captain, best friends with Chewie.
- Jabba: After Jabba the Hutt, the comical-looking gangster.
- Jawa: After the scavengers.
- Jedi: The protectors of the galaxy and keepers of peace.
- Lando: After Lando Calrissian, the general, smuggler, and gambler.
- Leia: After Princess Leia, leader of the Resistance.
- Luke: Renowned Jedi knight who changed the course of the war.
- R2-D2: After the iconic, adorable droid.
- Saber: After lightsaber.
- Tarkin: After Grand Moff Tarkin.
- Vader: After the Sith Lord Darth Vader, also Luke’s father – who could forget the greatest cinematic plot twist, “No. Iam your father”?
- Wampa: After the carnivorous ice creatures.
- Wicket: After the Ewok that fought against Imperial forces.
- Wookiee: Name of Chewie’s species.
Star Wars Cat Names From the Latest Movies
The latest movies in the franchise, Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015), Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017), and Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019), focus on the battle between the Resistance and the First Order, as well as Rey’s quest to learn the ways of the Jedi.
- Ahch-To: Birthplace of the Jedi Order.
- BB-8: The cute ball droid, trusty member of the Resistance.
- Crait: Salt-covered planet.
- DJ: After the code breaker whose only allegiance is to himself; “Hey, take it easy. They blow you up today, you blow them up tomorrow, it’s just good business.”
- Finn: A stormtrooper that became a Resistance fighter.
- Holdo: After Vice Admiral Amilyn Holdo.
- Hux: After General Armitage Hux.
- Jakku: Rey’s homeworld.
- Kylo: After the edgy leader of the First Order, Kylo Ren.
- Phasma: After Captain Phasma, stormtrooper captain.
- Poe: After Poe Dameron, an exceptionally talented pilot with a hot-headed temperament.
- Porg: The adorable bird-like creature.
- Rey: Main protagonist of the latest movies, a scavenger turned Jedi Master.
- Rose: After the Resistance fighter.
- Snoke: After Supreme Leader Snoke, ruler of the First Order.
Cat Names From Star Wars Spin-Off Movies and Series
From Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018) to The Mandalorian (2019), there have been plenty of spin-off Star Wars movies and series. Of course, new content means new and exciting characters to name your feline after!
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
Solo: A Star Wars Story
Star Wars Rebels
Star Wars: The Clone Wars
Star Wars Cat Names Based on Famous Battles
From the odds-defying Battle of Endor to the Battle of Hoth led by the unforgettable Darth Vader, there are tons of epic battles that have changed the course of galactic history. So if your feline’s badass nature is of battlefield magnitude, pay homage to them by naming them after one of the most famous Star Wars battles ever fought.
- Bothawui: After Battle of Bothawui.
- Calamari: After the Battle of Mon Calamari.
- Christophsis: After the Battle of Christophsis.
- Cinder: After Operation Cinder.
- Coruscant: After the Battle of Coruscant.
- Dathomir: After Battle of Dathomir.
- Endor: After the Battle of Endor.
- Falleen: After Battle of Falleen.
- Felucia: After Battle of Felucia.
- Florrum: After Battle on Florrum.
- Geonosis: After the Battle of Geonosis.
- Hoth: After the Battle of Hoth.
- Kashyyyk: After the Battle of Kashyyyk.
- Kiros: After Battle of Kiros.
- Lokori: After Battle on Lokori.
- Malachor: After the Battle of Malachor V.
- Malastare: After Battle of Malastare.
- Mandalore: After the Siege of Mandalore.
- Mimban: After Battle of Mimban.
- Mustafar: After Mission to Mustafar.
- Quell: After Battle of Quell.
- Rugosa: After Ambush on Rugosa.
- Ryloth: After the Battle of Ryloth.
- Scarif: After the Battle of Scarif.
- Scipio: After Invasion of Scipio.
- Star Killer: After the Assault on Star Killer Base.
- Takodana: After the Battle of Takodana.
- Yerbana: After the Battle of Yerbana.
- Zanbar: After the Battle of Zanbar.
Picking a Name for Your Jedi-(or Sith)-In-Training Feline
Your furbaby probably won’t be mastering a lightsaber any time soon, but if they seem to possess an otherworldly, force-like power that makes you give in to all their wants, a Star Wars cat name couldn’t be more apt.
Whether your feline is as feisty as a Sith or as kind-hearted as a Jedi, there are tons of fun Star Wars-inspired names to choose from. In doing so, you’ll also be paying homage to your love for the galactic franchise.
When picking out a name for your furbaby, make sure it’s a name that you’re not afraid to say aloud. Naming your extra-fluffy kitten “Darth Vader” might be hilarious in the comfort of your home; it might become utterly embarrassing at a veterinarian’s office if you’re not exactly open with your love for Star Wars.
May the force be with you. Always.